Date(s) - 13 May 2018 - 15 May 2018
James Cook Hotel Grand Chancellor
ALGIM Autumn Conference
Mapping our information future
The 2018 Autumn Conference will be held 14 – 15 May 2018 at James Cook Hotel Grand Chancellor, Wellington.
2017’s event joined together two of ALGIM’s excellent Symposiums – GIS and Information Records Management, and the 2018 offering is set to build on this success.
Offering professional development, world class international speakers, workshops and networking, this is the premier event for anyone in these fields, and brings together practitioners and experts from across all New Zealand’s councils.
We have put together a great line-up for this year’s event, including:
- ‘The Queen of Drones’ Dr Catherine Ball
- Richard Foy, Chief Archivist, Archives NZ
- Ellen Broad, Open Data Institute
- Ian Taylor, CEO, Animation Research
- Keri Niven, Digital Collaboration Leader, Aurecon
- Council case studies
- GIS and IRM hot topics
- A Women in Spatial breakfast (open to all attendees)
- Two pre-conference workshops
- Paralympian gold medalist Liam Malone
You can see the full programme here.
Pre event workshops:
IM Toolkit Workshop – Learn the ins and outs of ALGIM’s IM Toolkit, and what it can do for your organisation, plus get answers to common information management challenges. Register for this during the normal conference registration process.
droneSafe – ALGIM’s popular new droneSafe workshop is coming to Autumn Conference. Run on 13 May from 10am-4pm, spots are limited. Register here.