Website Morphum Environmental
Who are we?
Morphum Environmental is an industry leader in civil and three waters engineering services, environmental services, sustainable land development and planning, and sustainable management. We have won and been finalists for numerous industry awards in engineering and sustainability. We comprise a talented, driven and dynamic team of consultants, and are frequently invited to present at industry conferences. Our underlying goals in our work are around developing effective and lasting solutions that benefit our clients, their communities and the environment.
People love working here. We are a company with a great team culture – we work hard, but we know how to let our hair down with an active social club. We pride ourselves on providing a working environment which fosters learning and development.
Other reasons we think Morphum Environmental is a great place to work:
- Sustainability isn’t just a buzzword at Morphum Environmental – it’s a way of life
- We are a 100% NZ owned company
- We pride ourselves on delivering the best possible solutions to our clients
- We offer a real opportunity for staff to influence project outcomes
- Staff contributions are recognised and valued
What is the role?
Are you a talented individual who is passionate about data and its management and visualisation? Are you motivated to contribute to improve environmental and infrastructure outcomes? Joining our dynamic and sustainably focused team, we have an exciting opportunity for a qualified environmental scientist with a major in geography and/or earth sciences, and a passion for GIS.
Working alongside our Geospatial Services Manager, you will be involved in a wide range of interesting and multidisciplinary projects. Some key tasks in the role will include creating bespoke maps for in-house and client projects, undertaking spatial analysis, assisting with geospatial projects, maintaining and organising spatial and non-spatial datasets, and designing data capture tools and methodologies.
You will have at least 2 years of professional experience. Strong attention to detail and accuracy is crucial to this role, as is the ability to work to a budget and deadline, superior written and oral communication skills, combined with a real passion for sustainability and the environment.
The successful candidate will also possess the following key skills:
- a high level of computer literacy with Microsoft Office in particular Excel and Access
- proven experience with ESRI software package – in particular ArcGIS for Desktop, ArcGIS Online and mobile GIS
- experience with Model Builder and/or Python within GIS is desirable
- an understanding of geospatial data types, projections and storage solutions
- working knowledge of Auckland Council geospatial datasets would be an advantage.
How to apply
If you are interested in joining a fast-paced and growing team where you can help us make a positive impact, apply below with your curriculum vitae and a cover letter telling us about the most exciting project you have worked on and how your skills can add value to Morphum! Please note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Check out our website for further opportunities www.morphum.com