Website Far north District Council
Creating Great Places, Supporting our People
The Far North District Council is on a transformation journey to become one of the regions most sought after and valued employers – we value manaakitanga, integrity and professionalism in delivering outstanding value to our customers and the community.
- New people leader position.
- Work for an organisation where your values will reflect your daily work.
- A competitive & fair remuneration package, including learning & development and health & wellbeing programmes.
About the role
The Systems and Business Intelligence Team Leader is responsible for managing the provision of Business Intelligence platform, GIS services to the organisation, and leading the application support alongside solutions development.
You will oversee the day to day operational requirements of the Systems and Business Intelligence team and ensure strong relationships and communication established within the department. There is a close relationship with the Information Services & Technology department to achieve success for the organisation.
The challenge lies in your ability to successfully engage with core software vendors and establish a BI platform for the organisation. Your ability to communicate and influence an audience not familiar with ICT terminology is instrumental, as is your ability to negotiate to ensure successful delivery of fit for purpose solutions.
A smart, innovative thinker who has a degree (or equivalent) in computer science or related technical/technology coupled is essential. ITIL certification is preferable as is 5-8 year experience leading a similar team in a large complex organisation.
Experience in the design, development and implementation of Business Intelligence solutions (particularly dashboards and KPI / management reporting tools), analytics, and data warehousing is essential.
How to Apply:
- Visit www.fndc.govt.nz/careers, review the position description and complete the application questions. Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter
- The current location is Kaikohe
- The grade applicable to the position is Grade 18 within Councils salary structure
- The Salary is $86,510 to $101,777 per annum dependent on qualifications and experience