Want to make major transformational change using spatial analysis? Do it with us.
Our location and technology team help organisations gain insights from their data, so they can improve efficiency, save money and make smarter decisions. We’re all about providing insightful advice so people can make informed decisions that benefit our communities.
We are proud to be at the forefront of some inspirational spatial projects including the recently developed NZ COVID-19 Locations of Interest map, creating road safety analysis tools to help save lives, to developing a carbon calculator to measure and help reduce carbon emissions from freight movements. We continue to experience growth in the location and technology area and looking to employ a Senior Spatial Advisor to help us meet this growing demand.
What you’ll be doing
You will get to work on a variety of projects. You will work alongside clients and stakeholders to provide them with innovative solutions and exceed their expectations. You will analyse LOTS of data and model relationships between data sets. You will create maps and graphs using Esri and HERE technologies. You will also get to manage projects, produce quality deliverables and mentor/coach those who are less experienced than you.
Choosing the right person isn’t simply about results. It’s about relationships and fitting in well with our team. So, let’s make sure you’re the right person for us. You need to be:
- A brilliant communicator – you’ll be chatting to people in-person, via email or video conferencing, and in meetings. Your knowledge will inspire those you speak to.
- Great analytical skills – you’re into GIS, so you must love crutching the data. You’ll get plenty of opportunities to show us how you embrace the challenges that are thrown your way.
- Hungry to learn and grow – you’ll have a strong desire to search for new spatial knowledge. We will give you plenty of opportunity to do just that.
- Be passionate about all things spatial – yes passion is one of our values and we want you to ooze passion.
- Some technical skills – you need to have plenty of experience using Esri software products e.g. ArcGIS Pro, ModelBuilder, ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Enterprise, ArcPy, and spatial databases
- Have incredibly high standards – this is where your eye for detail is so important and your aspiration to produce quality results comes in.
- A builder of strong relationships – it is incredibly important that you’re approachable and can foster positive relationships with those you work with, both clients and colleagues.
- Full of positive energy – we want people to feel energised, inspired and motivated to be around you, so bring your ‘glass half-full’ attitude to work.
The Important Bits
This role is full time (but we would consider part-time for the right candidate) and based in our Auckland or Wellington offices. If you prefer living further south, we also have an office in Christchurch, so please do get in touch if any of these locations appeal.
Each of our offices are centrally located with public transport only a hop, skip and a jump away. If you’re a cyclist (like many of the Abley team) we also have great cycling facilities too.
Salary will reflect the skills you bring and the advantage you offer. We are a gender pay neutral organisation, offer a broad salary-benefits package and there is opportunity for you to become a shareholder – and join other employee shareholders in our 100% NZ-owned company.
At Abley we make waves in the technology and transportation spaces. We have several industry ‘firsts’ under our belt thanks to our team’s unrivalled abilities in spatial and data intelligence, software development, transportation planning and engineering. We are a tight-knit bunch and support each other to fast-track the career growth of everyone on our team. We provide fresh baking on Wednesdays, flexibility to help you achieve a healthy life-work balance (note the order) and enjoy some fantastic social occasions together. We celebrate the diversity of our team – that’s gender, age, ethnicity, sexuality – the lot.
We need people that are up for a challenge, love being a part of a team and are keen to support others to thrive in a growing industry.
Does this sound like you?
If you’re reading this ad and nodding along then we want to hear from you!
You can download the job description for more information.
Please submit your application (CV and cover letter) through our website. If you have some work samples you would like to share with us, please also upload these. We would love to get a peak of the great work you have done in the past.
Want to know more?
If you would like more information on these roles, please contact Nichola Blue (email email@example.com or phone 0276983323).
To apply for this job please visit abley.com.