Website Abley Limited
We want you
Abley continues to experience significant growth, and we require more resource to meet the demand in our spatial solution and technology areas. We are presently looking for an experienced FME Specialist who can offer significant value to our clients and our organisation.
Abley is a specialist professional services company with unrivalled abilities in spatial and data intelligence, transportation planning and engineering. We empower our clients to make effective decisions by providing clear, insightful advice.
The talented team at Abley provide a comprehensive range of services using cutting edge tools, resources and technology, including spatial analysis, web mapping, data migration, asset management, spatial modelling and map production.
We pride ourselves in the culture our people have created. We work hard but there is always time for some fun and we provide many extra benefits that enables us to be flexible and have fun outside of work as well.
We operate an environment where we help each other so together we achieve great results. We will assist you to achieve a greater technical understanding of your work and also support you to gain wider professional peer recognition.
Our firm is growing and your career growth will only be limited by your talent and ambition.
We offer very competitive salaries and our offices are centrally located in close proximity to public transport with great cycling facilities. We are technology and thought leaders and we have a number of industry ‘firsts’ under our belt. We work in a diverse team that has a roughly equal female to male ratio.
You will be focused on providing excellent quality deliverables, have outstanding client management skills, be a team player able to both support more senior staff and lead junior staff. You will ‘know how to do things right’ and also ‘do the right things’. You will be inquisitive and seek out innovative solutions while also being communicative and nurturing good relationships.
Your title will be FME Specialist & Spatial Adviser. We are seeking a highly competent, motivated and energetic person in the mid stage of their career to join our respected team. The primary function of this role is to work alongside clients and stakeholders to provide them with solutions for their specific projects. You will secure work within the spatial solutions and technology areas and work with a group of experts within the wider team to provide innovative solutions to exceed client expectations.
You will have the following attributes:
- a strong interest in business development
- excellent written and oral communication skills
- commanding presenter in front of small and large groups
- a good eye for detail
- very good financial, human resources, project management and time management skills.
We are looking for the following experience:
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the geospatial industry
- Extensive knowledge of FME Desktop and how to achieve efficient outcomes in the software
- Have an understanding of FME Server and/or FME Cloud
- Knowledge of Enterprise Databases, CAD, GML, JSON, XML and GIS formats
- Knowledge of ArcGIS Platform (Desktop, Server, APIs or Runtime)
- Python and SQL scripting skillsAbility to convey methodology to clients and clearly document processes
- Enthusiasm to support team members with training and to continually grow your own knowledge base
You will probably have the following knowledge:
A degree, postgraduate or masters qualification in an analytical field such as GIS, or computer science.
To apply for this role, please visit our website (https://www.abley.com/careers/vacancies/fme-specialist/).
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.