Beca is one of Asia Pacific’s leading multidisciplinary consultancies and has operated in over 70 countries. With around 3000 employees, our employee owned organisation has the diversity of experience and expertise to consistently deliver outstanding results for our clients and major world-wide projects that enhance people’s lives. We have nearly 100 years’ experience in successful client relationships, technical excellence & delivering award-winning project solutions.
Business and Spatial Services
The Technology Services team is engaged across multiple market segments including government and defence, road transport, airports, buildings, airports, industrial, logistics, and health. We provide consultancy services across GIS, Software Development, Management Consulting and Systems Engineering.
The GIS team have a strong reputation for providing high quality GIS technology consulting, information management services, asset and data management, spatial analysis and application development across a diverse set of markets and clients in New Zealand, Australia and the South Pacific.
The GIS team is recognised as playing a key support and customer fronting role across a number of industries in New Zealand and beyond. As a Senior GIS Specialist in Christchurch you will be part of a national team, responsible for technical leadership and managing projects, while also supporting the wider GIS teams’ activities. You will additionally be heavily involved in developing your consulting experiences as we continue to grow through business development activities for the GIS team within our wide and diverse internal national business.
The successful candidate will need
– An enthusiastic personality
– Strong written and verbal communication skills
– Proven experience with Enterprise GIS technologies
– Proven experience with the ArcGIS suite of software
– Proven experience with spatial analytical operations
– Demonstrated experience with ETL software such as SQL Server or FME
– Experience with Python or other software development languages an advantage
– Other GIS Package experiences and knowledge will be an advantage
– Extensive experience working specifically as a career GIS professional and an understanding of the consultancy approach
– Specialist knowledge and understanding of working with South Island clients
– Demonstrated ability to run GIS projects
We offer the opportunity to work in a great team environment on a variety of exciting projects – no day will be the same. We foster a strong learning environment and promote career development. You can expect a competitive remuneration package, medical insurance, relocation support if required, professional subscriptions and much more!
To apply for this job please visit beca.csod.com.