Website Eagle Technology Group Ltd
Project Manager – Geographic Information Systems
Eagle Technology Group is the distributor of the world’s leading Geographic Information Systems (GIS) software products and services. With a large pool of experienced GIS professionals in New Zealand, we deliver enterprise geospatial information solutions to organisations in both public and private sectors across New Zealand.
Due to an internal promotion we are looking for an enthusiastic, talented and motivated individual to join our dynamic team in Wellington to deliver a wide variety of technical projects that will be both complex and challenging on occasion.
Some experience with GIS is highly desirable for this role and we may consider a suitable technical GIS professional candidate that is considering moving into a Project Management role. A Project Manager that has themselves graduated from a technical IT role and has a technical IT background may also be considered.
We are seeking to fill this role rapidly.
· Experienced managing software implementation and software development projects
· Experienced with project management and standard office software
· Strong leadership, organisational skills and the ability to run multiple concurrent projects
· Well-rounded written and oral communication skills.
· Adaptable and forward thinking. We are not seeking a ‘box-ticking’/’Gantt Chart zealot’ Project Manager but rather someone that will be proactive in assisting our technical personnel to meet or exceed our client’s expectations.
· Ability to work as a consultant in a client-vendor environment. You will need to keep our clients satisfied, while at the same time ensuring that projects are profitable. Eagle has a reputation with our clients for a high standard of professionalism.
· Business savvy with an understanding of modern consulting practices including the provision of managed services.
· Broad understanding of many aspects of technology, from data to databases through server networking and infrastructure.
· Preferably PMI or PRINCE2 certified and Agile experienced
· Written and spoken English must be excellent. Preference will be given to applicants that are currently available to work in New Zealand.
If you are interested in exploring this opportunity in more depth, please email your CV, contact details, availability (for both interview and job commencement) and an indication of your salary expectations to our Human Resources Department: Jane_Crawford@eagle.co.nz
All applications will be treated in utmost confidence and only people already eligible to work in New Zealand need apply, unfortunately we are not accepting applications from overseas or recruitment agents. Closing date for applications: 3 Oct 2019.