Website EA Networks
About the business
At EA Networks, we are focussed on ensuring our community has access to world class, reliable and affordable network infrastructure. We are the trusted infrastructure platform that delivers electrical energy to every home and business in our region. We own and operate our region’s electricity distribution network and fibre optic communications network, which we continuously invest in to ensure that we keep the lights on and the web connected.
About the role
The Entry GIS Specialist is responsible for taking design drawings and updating GIS models to maintain an accurate spatial record of EA Networks’ assets.
This role is also focussed on assisting our Network Information team to monitor and maintain EA Networks’ power and fibre-optics infrastructure systems.
Skills and experience
- GIS graduate looking for first role or with one year prior experience in a similar role.
- Understanding of Power and Fibre system basics is preferred.
- A relevant qualification which has elements of GIS and Geospatial studies.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- High level of interpersonal communication skill (written and verbal).
- Maintain a full NZ driver’s licence (Class 1).
- Training will be provided. However, candidates will need to demonstrate that they are reliable, willing to learn and have excellent general computing skills
A competitive salary package is on offer for this role, as is the opportunity to work for a stable, trusted organisation at our modern, purpose-built business park premises. EA Networks has a strong focus on people, culture and a commitment leading-edge technology. If you would like to pursue the opportunity presented by this dynamic role, please submit your CV and Covering Letter in confidence.
Please note: Applicants for this role must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand and be available at short notice to attend an on-site interview at our office.
For more information about the role and EA Networks, please visit eanetworks.co.nz.