Website Timberlands Limited
Timberlands is a leading New Zealand based Forest Management Company with particular expertise in forest management and operations on a significant scale.
Timberlands, based in Rotorua, manage 190,000ha of pine plantations in the Central North Island on behalf of Kaingaroa Timberlands and other clients.
Purpose of the Role:
To ensure a complete and accurate description of the forest estate is maintained using Timberlands GIS and Stand Record Database systems, while providing high quality mapping and reporting outputs to operational staff and management.
Key accountabilities include:
• The interpretation of data from a range of sources including orthophotography, satellite imagery, Lidar and GPS
• Providing high quality mapping and reporting outputs that are fit for purpose
• Assisting operational and technical staff with their GIS, Stand Record Database and mobile needs
• Database management of inventory and PSP databases
• Providing assistance with varied and interesting project work
• Contributing to Timberlands Environmental, Health & Safety goals
About the right person:
Qualifications and experience:
• Excellent database and data management skills
• Experience with ArcGIS, GeoMaster and PSP
• Excellent computer literacy, especially Excel
Skills and competencies:
• Attention to detail and a desire to get a job done right the first time
• Excellent time management skills, is able to prioritise busy workload
• Good network builder with wide range of contacts inside and outside organisation
• Uses initiative, is good at identifying potential risks and taking action to limit consequence of error
• Is an effective team member, helps others by being flexible and adaptable
• Has excellent written and communication skills
People make our business at Timberlands, as such we seek to offer an employment package that retains and rewards excellent people. Our employees enjoy working in a professional and co-operative team environment with access to great healthcare and insurance benefits, a flexible work-life culture and excellent professional development opportunities.
This is a full time, permanent position.
You can request a Job Description by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
You must hold permanent NZ residency to be considered for this role.
Please apply by submitting a copy of your CV and cover letter before 18th of June 2018.