Geographic Business Solutions Ltd (GBS) is currently seeking an experienced GIS Business Analyst (BA) to join our existing team of GIS professionals in Auckland (Mt Wellington). This role will also include some Project Management (PM) tasks.
GBS (www.gbs.kiwi) is a GIS solutions company that offers a full range of GIS services and solutions to our clients. We are innovative problem solvers with an independent, free thinking approach. We enjoy our work and have fun with it. We are a small to medium sized company that is busy, agile and flexible, with a growing customer base and multi-faceted projects. Staff are often working on more than one project at a time. GBS exclusively works with the Esri products and technologies and we are also an Esri Gold Business Partner.
Much of our work is technically challenging and often leading edge due to our customer demands. We create solutions across a range of industry sectors (such as local / central government, agriculture, forestry, utilities and commercial).
This position requires someone with at least 2 years’ commercial experience as a GIS BA (experience as a GIS PM will also be considered), and at least 2 years’ experience in GIS overall. Experience with Esri is required and excellent knowledge of the Esri platform overall is very desirable. The successful applicant will ideally have an excellent understanding of the software development life cycle. You will have strong communications, problem solving, analytical and management skills and be able to liaise seamlessly between business and technical contributors internally and externally.
The BA will work closely with our Solutions Managers as well as other Project Managers and the technical team on the development and delivery of projects including solution testing.
This will be a client facing role and as such you will be expected to develop and foster excellent and collaborative relationships with our clients. The role may also require onsite BA (and PM) activities from time to time.
The role will be challenging and rewarding with plenty of opportunities to develop your skills and capabilities. GBS allocates time for research and development where possible during working hours and allocates time for professional development as/when required. GBS will offer a competitive salary package consistent with experience which includes an annual training budget.
The following is an outline of the types of skills you will be able to demonstrate:
· An understanding of industry standard best practice in GIS business analysis and design with a view to developing these skills into the future
· An understanding of the software development life cycle including Waterfall and Agile methodologies with a view to developing these skills into the future
· Ability to pay attention to detail but also to see the bigger picture with respect to client requirements
· Production of detailed functional specifications for development and test teams to use
· Understanding of the software test cycle
· Ability to write and assist with proposals and work package definitions including pricing
· Ability to produce test plans, test scripts and manage the testing process
· Experience working in a team environment
· Knowledge of formal project delivery methodologies with a view to developing these skills into the future
· Ability to engage with our clients and GBS staff at multiple levels
· Ability to take on a project management roles as required
· Ability to develop and manage the financial aspects of projects
· Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
· Confidence to present and host workshops internally and for our customers
· Excellent problem solving skills – with the ability to adapt in a fast-moving industry
· Ability to understand business needs, interpret ideas and present solutions
· Effective time management, planning and organisational skills
· A team player with the ability to act independently and autonomously
· Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure whilst still producing quality work
· Contribution to and participation in implementing or improving new processes.
You will have a recognised tertiary qualification which is directly relevant to GIS / IT and BA / PM. Successful applicants will need to have excellent communication skills (written and verbal English). You will ideally have had significant exposure to the Esri GIS platform in terms of using the software, producing output relevant to requirements and the understanding of the flexibility and complexity of many of the standard functions. GBS is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual who can lead as well as work as part of a team. You should be creative, have ideas, be able think on your feet, enjoy pressure and smile! If you think you have what it takes, we want to hear from you.
GBS will only consider applicants who are currently eligible to work in New Zealand.
Please send your covering letter and CV to:
A full job description is available at http://gbs.kiwi/careers-2/
Applications close 1st September 2017