Although we are an engineering consultancy, Aurecon consists of much more than just engineers. We are embracing the future with a heavy investment into digital innovation allowing us to find new and exciting ways to capture, manage and visualise geospatial data. Our work has given city residents a VR experience of kayaking the river through a planned redeveloped Christchurch red zone, enabled cyclists to ride along cycle ways yet to be constructed, and shown engineers visual concepts of their designs in AR when repairing State Highway 1 through to Kaikoura.
You see we don’t just talk digital, we do it.
As our Geospatial Consultant you will take a key role in delivering projects such as these to our internal and external clients across our global business. Working with an excellent spatial team who are truly passionate about what they do, you will apply your creative, adaptive, problem solving, and communication skill set to build relationships across our business. In this role you will deliver creative digital solutions that really do ‘wow’ our clients.
Day to day you will:
- Work with a national team led by eminent industry figures Simon Yorke & Kat Salm
- Use a design led approach to developing innovative products and solutions
- Project manage, and help promote, the great work our team is doing
- Develop work streams with internal clients
- Apply your ESRI, and other digital talents to the projects you manage
- Help tidy processes so they are efficient and repeatable across our business
- Bring your own passion to work every day – modelling/ VR/ drones/ AR/ lego/ whatever
In our minds, to be successful in this role, you will:
- Have a proven track record of delivering geospatial solutions to customers, and they love the way you go about it
- Be confident with managing projects, and have proven ability in helping teams to succeed
- Enjoy working with clients throughout the acquiring, servicing, and consulting process
- Have great communication skills enabling you to work with people of all types – engineers to marketers, business leaders to technical wizards
- Hold a technology / geospatial related degree, with maybe some other tertiary learning or industry certification in your field of interest
- Have a strong skill set in GIS software, and be eager to pick up new digital skills as you go
- Bring cake
In return for your skills we offer you the benefits that come with working in a global professional services firm. We provide on-going support and development in an environment where initiative is rewarded. We are committed to fostering a culture that empowers our people, promotes teamwork and embraces sustainability.
This role is available immediately, so don’t wait – apply now! For more information on our organisation, please visit www.aurecongroup.com, or regarding this role contact Andy O’Dell, Senior Recruitment & Sourcing Consultant, on +64 (0)3 3712109.
Aurecon is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from candidates who seek flexibility in their working hours.