Website Hawkes Bay Regional Council
Hawke’s Bay Regional Council is now seeking an experienced GIS Analyst to join their team on a full-time basis.
This role will see you responsible for using GIS to visualise and analyse spatial data. You will use your GIS skills to create meaningful insight.
More specifically, your key duties will include (but will not be limited to):
- Promoting the use of GIS services throughout the organisation;
- Liaising with staff and assisting them with the use of GIS services;
- Conducting training for staff with varying experience levels;
- Maintaining spatial databases and datasets;
- Providing assistance with spatial analysis;
- Assisting in implementing information management and spatially related technologies in projects;
- Continually looking to improve the corporate use of ESRI and other GIS services; and
- Providing support and specialised advice regarding relevant applications for current or upcoming projects.
About the Benefits
With over 80% of employees consistently rating Hawke’s Bay Regional Council as a great place to work in recent staff surveys, it’s no wonder that the average employee tenure is 12 years! With a relatively small workforce in which ‘everyone knows everyone’ – Council has succeeded in creating a welcoming, fun and family-friendly environment for its people.
In return for your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary circa $62,000 – $74,000 NZD (negotiable commensurate with experience), on the job and external training opportunities.
You will also leave work each day knowing you have made a contribution to ensuring a positive, ecologically friendly future for Council.
In addition, by joining Hawke’s Bay Regional Council you will be living in one of the most picturesque regions of New Zealand, offering the perfect mix of amenities, infrastructure, and natural surrounds.
If you’re ready to take on a challenge and showcase your exceptional GIS experience – Apply now!