Website Department of Conservation
We are seeking an enthusiastic and suitably experienced person to join our Wellington based Production Support team.
As a Geospatial Database Administrator, you will manage regular communication processes with internal GIS specialists and external organisations to ensure we maintain excellent working relationships and efficient work interactions.
You will need to be a skilled communicator with the ability to translate GIS jargon into plain English. As a team player you will be focused on using your exceptional people skills to enable the Department to implement Geospatial Data Infrastructure, standards and inter-operable systems.
The ideal applicant will have the following:
- Knowledge of GIS concepts and methods
- Demonstrable experience with the ArcGIS Enterprise product stack.
- Experience maintaining data in an SDE environment is advantageous
- Experience with programming and scripting languages, specifically Python is not essential, but considered a plus
- Experience with relational databases and distributed databases within a MS SQL environment
- Experience with Geocortex and ArcGIS Online administration desirable
Applicants must have a good level of expertise and knowledge of information systems, processes and methodologies.
DOC is committed to diversity in its workforce and an inclusive workplace culture.
Eligibility to work in New Zealand is mandatory, including a valid work visa covering the whole period of employment if applying internationally
Please apply online. Applications must include a cover letter, CV and evidence of the required capabilities as per the role description. To view a role description, click the apply button.
For any queries, please contact Paul Sainsbury, email@example.com , or telephone (04) 496 1926, quoting vacancy 100/1612.
Applications close at 5pm on Monday, 19 November 2018.
DOC is committed to a diverse workforce that represents the communities we serve, and to creating an inclusive workplace culture.