Website Downer NZ
As a market leader in infrastructure and engineering services, Downer understands and recognises the contribution employees make to the success of our business.
At Downer NZ we’re inspired by challenge and the chance to create a better future. Our people share a passion for excellence and the desire to inspire others.
Underground Service Locators (USL) is a leading specialist company in the field of underground utility locating. We provide comprehensive location service for telecommunications plant, power, gas, water and private cable networks nationwide.
Our customers nationwide include major telecommunications, utility companies, councils, and contractors. Due to growth and opportunities to further expand our business, we currently have an opening in the Wellington area for a GIS Mapping Technician to join our team in Wellington.
To be successful you should ideally have:
- Previous utilities industry experience
- Good understanding of utility network architecture
- Experience with leak detection on underground piping systems inside and outside buildings, as well as in sewers, swimming pools and spas
- Experience with GPR & cable/pipe location
- A willingness to learn and develop concrete scanning, basic survey and Arc GIS skills
- Full New Zealand driver’s license
- Physically fit
- Self-starter with an eye for detail and planning your work effectively
- Great communication skills.
This is an opportunity to join a growth industry, working for one of New Zealand’s leading underground locator companies and making a real difference for our customers. You will be provided with the best equipment and support.
You can apply by going to www.downercareers.co.nz and search reference number 549411.
All successful applicants will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test & medical.