Website Top Energy
Top Energy is a modern, multi-faceted Group which has operations throughout the Far North. The Company is privately owned by a power consumer trust and employs staff in Geothermal Generation, Distribution and Transmission Lines operations.
We are seeking a GIS Survey Technician to create and maintain Asset Information System plans and records using Geographic Information Systems (GIS), SAP, GPS Survey and other computer and manual systems as appropriate.
This position reports to the AIS Manager and is based at our Kerikeri office.
In this varied role you will:
- Process field data by entering defect information into GIS and SAP
- Enter As Built information, data and drawings into GIS and SAP
- Undertake field surveys using GPS equipment and process and document collected data
- Produce reports, handle requests and enquiries
To succeed in this role, you will have NCEA Level 3 or equivalent, preferably with at least two years’ experience in an electricity industry-related GIS environment. A full current Drivers Licence and an intermediate to advanced level of computer skills is essential, with SAP and 12d experience an advantage.
Additional skills and attributes:
- Health and Safety focus
- Analytical and logical
- Highly organised and good at multi-tasking
- Accountable for self and others, with a strong will to succeed
- Excellent communication (written and verbal)
- Team oriented with a drive to meet organisational goals
We have a Drug and Alcohol-Free Workplace Policy. Before any offer of employment is made, the short-listed candidate(s) will be required to undertake a pre-employment medical check which will include a drug and alcohol test.
For more information and to apply for this job go to: “topenergycareers.co.nz” & enter ref code: 4587665.
Applications close 20 March 2019