Website Electrix Ltd
Electrix Ltd is a high profile, long term leader in the Australasian electrical and gas contracting markets. We provide a wide range of services to the power, electricity, gas and industrial and commercial contracting sectors. Electrix Limited is also one of NZ’s foremost electrical construction and maintenance companies.
An opportunity has arisen for a GIS Updater in the GIS (Geographical Information Services) section of our Gas Business Perimeter based in Albany. The purpose of this position is to capture, verify and maintain network data sets within a Geographical Information System (GIS), provide GIS support to the user community and assist in quality assurance.
- Capturing as built data into GIS accurately and promptly to achieve KPI requirements.
- Verifying all data in GIS, including data captured by other GIS staff, using quality assurance techniques.
- Supporting the GIS team in the use and functionality of the GIS application.
- Data capture using GPS and obtaining developer plans from the Customer Projects Team.
- Undertaking data enhancement activities on GIS data.
- Dealing with document issues and process improvements.
- Using SAP to capture network asset information and update job status and completion.
- Identifying and reporting QSE issues, understanding QSE standards applicable to the position and providing appropriate support to QSE and their representatives.
The ideal candidate will have GIS experience. However, someone with an aptitude for data and systems and a willingness to learn new skills, will also be considered.
The ideal candidate will:
- have an understanding of general work practices in the installation of assets and the operation of Gas distribution networks.
- be familiar with spatial database structures and processes.
- have experience in capturing and maintaining GIS data.
- have computer literacy in relevant applications, particularly GIS Smallworld, ArcGIS & CAD (Microstation and Autocad).
- possess Fieldwork/As builting experience (would be an advantage).
- have accuracy and attention to detail and a thorough understanding of quality assurance techniques and standards compliance.
Electrix will offer an attractive remuneration package to the right candidate that includes fully funded medical insurance and generous contributions to KiwiSaver, if eligible.
Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand. In accordance with the Company’s Drug & Alcohol Policy, the successful applicant will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug test and medical.
We prefer online applications. Once you click Apply you will be routed to our career website where you will be required to complete an on-line application. This may take a few minutes.
Applications close Wednesday 27th March 2019
To apply for this job please visit electrixcareers.com.au.