Website Hutt City Council
Now is a great time to start your career with us. When you work at Hutt City Council you have the opportunity to do your bit to create a better city, every day. We’re working together towards the same goals, we know where we’re going, and know how we’re going to get there.
We’re on the lookout for a GIS Support Officer to join our Land Information Services Team who provide and maintain a huge range of spatial data sets and applications for internal and external customers to query and view this information.
Some of your key responsibilities will be to:
- Assist with the capture, digitisation, referencing and maintenance of geographic information
- Verify, capture and maintain council network asset information
- Create suitable map compositions to meet our clients mapping or analysis needs
- Provide water service location and attribute details, property details and civil engineering as-built plans to internal and external clients (including the public).
- Interpret survey plans and civil engineering as-built plans to retrieve property details and asset information e.g. property dimensions, storm water manhole levels, etc.
You’ll have a passion for geographic information systems and may have qualifications or are currently completing study in this area. You’ll be great with data entry and/or information organisation and you’ll also have an eye for detail. Some GIS or drainage network knowledge would be a bonus.
Our workplace is collaborative and connected – a place where you’ll feel proud to be part of what’s going on. By sharing knowledge, and by constantly learning and improving, you’ll be well placed to take advantage of opportunities to grow personally and professionally. We’re committed to your wellbeing, and we’ll work with you to be the best you can be.
Applications close 22 June 2018.
To apply for this job please visit careers.huttcity.govt.nz.