Emergency Management Advisor/Senior Advisor: ESRI ArcGIS system support & Geospatial analysis
The Ministry of Civil Defence & Emergency Management (MCDEM) is a business unit of the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet. It provides leadership in reducing risk, being ready for, responding to and recovering from emergencies.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Emergency Management Advisor/Senior Advisor to join our National Operations Team on a two year fixed term basis. This role will provide an opportunity to engage with a broad range of stakeholders and make an impact at the national level. This is your chance to be part of a team that is hugely influential and passionate when it comes to building New Zealand’s disaster risk management and resilience.
This role will lead and support the on-going development, maintenance, and support of a new ESRI GIS-based welfare registration and needs assessment system that will be used by multiple agencies at national and local levels.
Key responsibilities will include:
- System administration and maintenance
- Working with agencies to integrate and embed this system in their IT environment
- User management and trouble shooting
- Identifying and implementing system enhancements
- Working with IT specialists as required
- Development of user guides and other materials
- Support any training in the system
- Leading system user groups
- Contributing to the development of wider MCDEM GIS capability
The role will also be responsible for more general Geospatial analysis for emergency management including:
- Use and develop geospatial systems to turn complex data into more user-friendly formats, like maps, infographics and web applications
- Capture, source and maintain baseline and operational data e.g. surveys, damage assessments
- Write and present reports on geospatial standards and analysis
- Document requirements and create information products to support functions within the Coordinated Information Management System (CIMS)
- System administration and maintenance, e.g. Enterprise ArcGIS (ArcGIS Server, Portal for ArcGIS, ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Pro etc) and SAFE FME
Our ideal candidate will possess:
- Qualifications in Spatial/GIS, Information Science, IT, or related discipline
- Minimum of three years’ applied experience using ESRI’s ArcGIS suite of software
- Experience with databases and some programming e.g. Python and HTML
- Experience in supporting and developing practical GIS applications for non-GIS users
- Ability to respond to business requirements with a strong technical and customer focus
- Ability to respond to complex multi-party requirements with innovative solutions
- Experience in writing metadata and technical documentation
- Experience in building and maintaining effective relationships across a range of groups and individuals
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Project management/co-ordination experience
To be eligible for this position, you must have been a NZ citizen for at least 10 years. Alternatively you must hold NZ Permanent Residence or hold a current NZ Residency Class Visa and have been a citizen of UK, USA, Canada or Australia for at least 10 years.
You must also be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance. Ordinarily to obtain this level of clearance candidates must have a 10 year checkable background in countries where meaningful and reliable checks can be undertaken. Where requisite checks are unable to be made, the candidate application may not be able to be progressed.
You can use the following tool as guidance on eligibility: https://www.protectivesecurity.govt.nz/personnel-security/clearances/eligibility-tool/
Applications close at 5pm on 24 September 2019.
View the job description and apply online https://centralagenciesjobs.cass.govt.nz/jobdetails/ajid/V92J7/Emergency-Management-Advisor-Senior-Advisor-ESRI-ArcGIS-system-support-Geospatial-analysis,20882.html
To apply for this job please visit centralagenciesjobs.cass.govt.nz.