Senior Geospatial Analyst/Developer, National Operations
The National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) provides national leadership to New Zealand’s distributed emergency management system. NEMA’s primary focus is on the performance and capability of the emergency management system as a whole, across all hazards and all risks and the 4 Rs of risk reduction, readiness, response and recovery. We are going through an exciting phase of growth and there will be more opportunities with NEMA over the coming months.
NEMA values diversity and inclusion. We want our workforce to reflect the diversity of our communities. We value and respect the contributions of our people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, skills and perspectives. We support flexible ways of working that bring out the best in you.
NEMA recognises the continuing partnership Te Tiriti o Waitangi between Māori and the Crown. We are committed to doing our part to deliver on the Crown’s commitments to Māori under Te Tiriti. We strive to actively build te Ao Māori perspectives and capability into our day to day work, values and practices.
The Senior Geospatial Analyst/Developer vacancy is within the National Operations business unit. The NEMA National Operations team leads the operational systems, facilities, infrastructure and processes required to respond effectively to emergencies within New Zealand. This role is based in Wellington.
The Senior Geospatial Analyst/Developer will work with ESRI ArcGIS Enterprise and provide data management, analytics and web mapping to help NEMA utilise the platform to its fullest potential. They will manage geospatial web services to make data available to NEMA, CDEM Groups and other agencies. The Senior Geospatial Analyst/Developer will improve our strategic use of geospatial information in emergency management.
As a Senior Advisor / Geospatial Analyst, you will:
- Configure and customise the geospatial platform (ESRI ArcGIS Enterprise in Microsoft Azure)
- Provide ArcGIS Enterprise administration
- Manage data and services e.g. baseline and operational data including surveys or damage assessments
- Script and automate workflows
- Rapidly design and deliver bespoke analytics and geospatial web applications
- Embed the geospatial analytical capability into our everyday operations
- Build and maintain effective relationships with our CDEM stakeholders and central government agencies at both senior and operational levels.
As the Senior Geospatial Analyst/Developer you will bring the following experience and attributes:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Geographic Information Systems, Geography, Spatial Science, IT or equivalent
- Proven experience (minimum three years) with ESRI ArcGIS Enterprise and SAFE FME
- Advanced analytics and data management skills
- Knowledge of data protection and data governance
- Experience in maintaining metadata and writing technical documentation
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, which enable you to seek out opportunities for spatial thinking across the wider emergency management sector and maintain effective internal and external agency relationship
- Experience working in a high pressure strategic or operational environment
- Due to the security requirements of this role, applicants must be a New Zealand citizen or New Zealand Permanent Resident.
To download a position description or submit an application please visit www.h2r.co.nz/nema. If you have any questions, contact Paul Hodder on 04 4999471 or email firstname.lastname@example.org referring to vacancy number 26381.
Applications close 11.59 pm 14 October 2020.