Website EA Networks
Network Information Managers or mid-level professionals stepping up & actively seeking a lifestyle and career move …this is it!!
- Manage leading-edge GIS technologies; implement, support & monitor performance
- Operate organisation wide; collaboration with engineering & field delivery teams
- Join an employer of choice; people & culture focus, looking to the future
EA Networks is a locally owned co-operative network company based in Mid-Canterbury, 80 kilometres south of Christchurch. The district is bounded by the Pacific Ocean in the east, Southern Alps in the west and the Rakaia and Rangitata Rivers to the north and south respectively. www.eanetworks.co.nz
Passionate about their business and the region, they are focussed on delivering safe and reliable power and fibre network infrastructure that supports the community and local economy.
Living in the Ashburton District quality of lifestyle and opportunity is real. A strong economy supports it’s ranking as the third fastest growing district in the Canterbury region and the fifth fastest growing region in New Zealand. Affordable, contemporary housing and numerous options in education, sports, recreation and community facilities and activities are attractive for families and/or people keen to establish themselves and ‘get ahead’. https://midcanterburynz.com
This is an exciting time to join EA Networks who are embarking on many projects introducing leading-edge technologies, team and business initiatives to support growth and efficiency goals. Within this programme, the Network Information Manager is focused on ensuring GIS processes enable EA Networks to manage the company’s assets to full potential. Implementing, developing and supporting the GIS tools involves liaison with providers, training and support of users across the business to prepare designs, issue for construction, capture alternations as per as-built processes and visualise data.
If you actively seeking a lifestyle and career move and have the following competencies; this is definitely the one for you!
- Experience in effectively managing a team of 8 direct reports.
- ”Hands-on’ experience in GIS and CAD environments and/or Database Management
- Good working knowledge of current Windows operating systems platforms and technologies used to extend, enhance and support that environment
- Expertise with a GIS suite of products; Hexagon or ESRI ArcGIS or other
- Understanding and/or exposure to SQL
- Good understanding of draughting standards and practices, and the ability to apply these to the project
- Knowledge of electrical circuits would be advantageous
- Qualifications in GIS, Computer Science/Database Management or Programming experience
- Experience in a consultancy, Council, utility, software/technology environment utilising GIS
- An enthusiastic, enquiring and results focused approach, keen to tackle challenges
- Exceptional interpersonal, team working and communication skills
Besides the excellent benefits of the location EA Networks offer you a competitive remuneration package support of your career development and a great place in which to work!
For initial enquires please contact Michele McCurrie on +64 273442972 or apply on line with your CV and a detailed cover letter addressing the competency requirements of the role and your motivations to join EA Networks in the Ashburton region.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.co.nz.