Website OneFortyOne NZ
– Opportunity in sunny Nelson
– Gain or expand your Forestry experience
– 10-month fixed term
OneFortyOne NZ is a vertically integrated forestry and sawmilling business. Our plantation is 80,000 hectares in size and has a total sales volume of 1.1 million cubic metres.
For the first time in many years we have an opportunity for a GIS Analyst to join our GIS team of two. This position has arisen as a result of parental leave and experienced staff will still be around to provide guidance.
The Forest GIS Analyst is responsible for the provision of internal information services, spatial and mapping data, to ensure the team have ready access to the information required to plan their activities. This includes collection and interpretation of spatial data, ensuring data integrity and accuracy and validating data provided by external sources.
Suitable applicants will have the following key attributes:
– Sound knowledge and proven experience with ESRI GIS software and mobile technologies.
– Experience using Trimble LRM or other Forest Information Systems would be a significant advantage.
– Experience with remotely sensed data including aerial/satellite imagery, LiDAR and conventional platforms.
– Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
– Knowledge and understanding of forest management principles is desirable but not essential.
– A relevant tertiary qualification in spatial sciences, forestry, geography, or proven performance in this field.
– Having the right attitude and being a team player is crucial for the success of this role.
Applications close Friday 26 February 2021. Please supply a CV and cover letter. We will be reviewing applications as soon as they come in, so if this role sounds like you, apply as soon as possible!
To apply for this job email your details to Selena.Tunnicliff@onefortyone.co.nz.