Rayonier Matariki Forests
Rayonier Matariki Forests is the third largest forestry company in New Zealand with about 120,000 hectares of plantations across New Zealand. With 90 employees and nearly 700 of the best contractors in NZ, we are dedicated to developing and retaining a strong and committed workforce.
We provide a great working environment for our people – challenging them with continuous learning, innovative projects and interesting work. It is important to us that we do the right thing across all aspects of our business including safety, looking after the land and the people working on it, and the communities that we are part of.
We are currently seeking a GIS Analyst to join our Forest Investment Team on a 12 month fixed term contract. You will have a desire to learn about forestry and apply skills to improve business. Your can-do attitude, attention to detail, high work standards and excellent communication skills are essential for success in this role.
This is a fantastic opportunity to either expand or develop your career in the field of geospatial / GIS.
Your primary responsibilities will be to provide technical and analytical assistance to regional staff. There will also be the opportunity to be involved in national projects.
The successful candidate will need:
– Sound knowledge and proven experience with ESRI ArcGIS software and a wide range of spatial information management tools such as remote sensing analysis, web mapping, mobile technologies and Arc Server.
– Extensive experience in Geospatial Data management, analysis and presentation.
– Experience with remotely sensed data including LiDAR, satellite imagery, UAV and conventional platforms.
– Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
– The ability to travel frequently within New Zealand.
A tertiary qualification in spatial sciences, forestry, geography, or similar is preferred but not essential.
Applications can be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV and brief letter outlining experience and qualifications. Applications close 6th July 2018.