GNS Science is seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Java developer with GIS development experience.
GNS Science (www.gns.cri.nz) is the leading supplier of earth and isotope scientific research and consultancy services in New Zealand. The work we do drives innovation and economic growth in New Zealand’s geologically based energy and minerals industries, develops industrial and environmental applications of isotope science, increases New Zealand’s resilience to natural hazards, and enhances understanding of earth-system processes, including climate change.
We are looking for the right person to take a shared role in developing, managing and supporting GNS databases, associated applications and management information systems, ensuring their integrity, security, ease of use and high availability to users.
You will be responsible for:
- designing and developing nationally significant geological databases as well as corporate applications
- performing activities across the software development lifecycle, including business analysis, development, testing and deployment
- building effective relationships with dataset owners and end users
- identifying and helping to resolve issues that may affect the successful delivery of applications and service
- ensuring Applications support calls are prioritised and dealt with in a timely manner
Success calls for someone with:
- superior customer relationship skills
- IT qualification or equivalent industry experience
- GIS and Spatial database experience including Geoserver, OpenLayers, ArcGIS product suite
- clear communication skills, ability to work independently and excellent problem solving skills
Further information about this position and to apply online please visit http://gns.cri.nz/Home/Careers
Applicants for this position should have New Zealand residency or a valid work permit.
Applications close Sunday, 17th June 2018.