Website NZ Transport Agency
- Showcase both your technical and advisory skills
- Work on exciting future focused projects
- Be part of a diverse, collaborative and high performing team
At the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation’s performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for New Zealand. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
The Customer Experience and Behaviour team within Operations, is about using data and information, research and analytics and customer-centric design and support to ensure the customer drives everything we do.
The Geospatial Team sits within the Customer Experience and Behaviour team and provides insights that put customers on the map. We believe that bringing a location perspective helps people make decisions, enabling better outcomes and great journeys to keep NZ moving.
Bring your flair for mapping and spatial analysis and work with a highly engaged professional team.
In this role you will provide geospatial advice and lead geospatial improvement and mapping projects to positively influence the delivery of the Agency’s strategic objectives. As a Senior in the team, you will work collaboratively across the organisation, providing key advice and managing multiple projects with a range of stakeholders. You will draw on your influencing skills to gain buy in to improved processes and solutions and be involved in regular visualised mapping reporting.
This role would suit you if you enjoy communicating with a range of stakeholders, have a keen eye for detail and love to champion geospatial analysis.
What you will bring
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Extensive experience performing mapping, spatial analysis, editing and visualisation using ESRI GIS
- Strong communication skills and the ability to support and influence
- Proven ability to build and maintain collaborative working relationships
- Excellent knowledge of and experience with spatial data and the geospatial industry
- Strong skills in data management
- Experience effectively managing multiple projects and stakeholders expectations
- A background in engineering/transport, both technical and advisory experience would be highly desirable
- Experience working with Portal for ArcGIS and Insights for ArcGIS would be an advantage
- A relevant tertiary degree or equivalent
Applications close: 29 April 2019
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.