Website Wellington City Council
We’re looking for a Spatial Analyst!
The Smart Council team are looking to permanently hire a Spatial Analyst. This role assists in the delivery of high quality spatial analysis and cartographic services with a strong emphasis on customer management.
You’ll be responsible for providing GIS services and advice to Council including training, reports, GIS advice and analysis. You’ll be delivering GIS projects including implementing new concepts, being motivated to change processes to ensure best practice. You’ll also be in charge of administration and improvement of enterprise GIS technology and development of enterprise wide spatial services, including web based delivery.
You need to have a strong customer focus, being able to communicate technical information to non-technical people and present ideas clearly. You’ll have project management experience and be able to multi-task and meet deadlines.
You’ll also need practical experience with:
- operation and management of ArcSDE
- providing quality GIS services using ArcGIS Server
- delivery of GIS services through web based applications
- implementation and visualisation of LiDAR data
- ArcGIS Online
- extending ArcGIS software using .NET, XML, HTML, Python
- delivery of Asset Information Management related services
- delivery of GIS services through mobile devices using ArcPad and ArcGIS Mobile
- ITIL Service Management Fundamentals qualification (desirable but not essential).
For more information please contact Greg Russell, Product Manager on email@example.com
Applications close 5pm Friday, 19 April 2019.
To apply for this job, please go to our job site www.careers.wellington.govt.nz/home and enter the job code 22664LKI.
We’re looking for people who share our passion for Wellington and have the same values that we do – to make our city an even better place to live and work.