Website Tonkin + Taylor
Life at T+T is waking up in the morning and looking forward to getting into the office. Hard to believe right? Ultimately, we like to have fun and be challenged every day, which we believe contributes to our success.
If you are a proven leader who is digitally enabled and has excellent industry connections, then this is a great opportunity for you. We are looking for an exceptional person with industry experience to manage our close-knit GIS team. This is a fantastic opportunity to join the T+T team and work alongside our senior staff in an environment which will stimulate and challenge you.
This role includes the scope to provide dynamic technical leadership to craft and enact our vision for geospatial and adjacent technologies. In your leadership role, you will be responsible for the oversight and management of the geospatial team including: Leading business development, prioritising work across the team, mentoring staff, contributing to team and system development, collaborating with stakeholders and making a positive impact of the organisation. This role includes the opportunity to strongly influence recruitment and shape the team.
You will work within the established practises of our business and:
- Develop and implement a vision for how geospatial technologies, analytics and digital engineering can continue to transform the way T+T does work;
- Provide professional guidance and leadership for our GIS team that wishes to establish itself as a centre of excellence across our various sectors and technical disciplines;
- Develop, mentor and enable junior and senior staff;
- Supervise and assess the daily performance of the team, track progress, evaluate the work of the geospatial team and report to the Data + Digital Solutions Manager
- Plan and allocate work and resources across the geospatial team including the general and enterprise services, major projects and geospatial helpdesk;
- Work with the discipline manager to forecast resourcing requirements, and manage the recruitment process for additional team members; and
- Participate on and lead phases of projects to ensure GIS-centric data and workflows are implemented.
Our ideal candidate has:
- A multi-disciplinary background – we’re looking for someone that understands and has the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with engineers, planners, scientists and digital experts across Tonkin + Taylor’s diverse portfolio of projects and clients;
- A sound understanding of the full ESRI suite;
- A Bachelor’s degree in Geography, GIS, Planning, IT, Engineering or a closely related field;
- Established existing clients and workflows
- Minimum of ten years of relevant practical and management experience;
Tonkin & Taylor Ltd is a specialist, employee-owned New Zealand environmental and engineering consultancy. We are an established market leader, renowned for our innovative solutions and exceptionally talented people. We provide an excellent work environment where the focus is on doing what the clients want and delivering it to their total satisfaction. You’ll help deliver real systems for real people and see your efforts make a big difference.
If you are not already convinced about joining us, we also offer competitive compensation packages and a wide range of employee benefits. Tonkin & Taylor is not just a place to work – it’s a place where innovation, technical rigour and achievement of results are rewarded. It is a place where you can work alongside New Zealand’s experts to solve some of the most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide.
To submit your application for this role, click on the Apply Now button or for more information on Tonkin & Taylor, go to www.tonkin.co.nz
Tonkin & Taylor “The best to work for and the best to work with”.
To apply for this job please visit careers.tonkintaylor.co.nz.