Website Tonkin + Taylor
New Zealand’s leading Environmental and Engineering Consultancy
Tonkin + Taylor is a specialist, employed-owned NZ environmental and engineering consultancy. We are an established market leader, renowned for our innovative solutions and exceptionally talented people.
A key part of developing innovative solutions is our highly responsive and high performing GIS team.
Collaborating with our engineers, planners, scientists, and IT specialists, our GIS team develops spatial solutions to suit a diverse range of situations – from responding to rapidly evolving natural hazard events to long term storage of New Zealand’s geotechnical information.
Our GIS team needs a highly-skilled GIS Developer – is it you?
To succeed in this role, you’ll need to be well versed in the ESRI ArcGIS environment (Desktop, Server and Mobile) preferably at an enterprise level. You’ll also need to be self-motivated, good at working within a team and comfortable communicating with clients. Ideally we are looking for a proven GIS Developer with 5+ years of experience in a similar role.
Your primary duties will include:
- GIS platform customisation (e.g. configuration of the GIS systems, integration of GIS with other business systems)
- GIS web application development
- Scripting and automating workflows
- Developing bespoke spatial and numerical analytics leveraging the GIS platform
Your core skillsets will include:
- Knowledge of the ArcGIS Platform
- ArcGIS serverPortal administration experience (proven experience maintaining a full ArcGIS Enterprise environment)
Microsoft .NET development experience in ASP.NET Core, C#, Azure
- Python (experience with Arcspy)
- Microsoft SQL Server (Transact SQL)
- Advanced spatial analysis and data management skills
If this is you, then we’ll provide you with competitive pay and help you out with relocation costs if necessary.
You’ll also get a wide range of employee benefits and be rewarded for innovation, technical rigour and achievement. We’ll support your ongoing career needs by identifying opportunities for personal development and through training. And to top it off, you’ll be working alongside New Zealand’s experts in a range of specialties to help solve challenging, interesting and meaningful projects.
We are a dedicated team of professionals working in the environmental and consulting engineering space who enjoy our work and like to have fun. Tonkin + Taylor is not only a place to work – it’s a place where your work will make a difference. To apply and for further information on Tonkin + Taylor, go to http://www.tonkintaylor.co.nz