Website Transpower New Zealand Limited
Keeping the energy flowing
Are you a proactive Geospatial Analyst? Help us maintain and deliver services which support Transpower asset management
Transpower connects New Zealanders to their power system, through safe, smart solutions for today and tomorrow. Key to keeping the lights on across the length and breadth of New Zealand is highly effective maintenance and development of Transpower geospatial information to facilitate asset management.
As part of our Asset Information Management group, you will be a key member of a collaborative team responsible for maintaining and developing Transpower’s Geographic Information Systems (GIS). We work closely with our Property and Environment, Grid Development, Grid Performance and Grid Projects Divisions and partner with contractors, consultants and external agencies.
Based in our Wellington head office, as our Geospatial Analyst you will facilitate relationships with the Geographic Information System (GIS) users, enabling them to gain maximum value from Transpower’s geospatial systems and processes.
Your qualification in GIS and previous experience in Geospatial within utilities or vendors will have honed your understanding of asset management principals and enabled you to develop competencies in the asset management discipline.
You will be accountable for;
- Supporting users and customers through excellent service delivery to meet their needs and to facilitate and foster user’s ability to access GIS data and toolsets
- Providing training where required enabling users to create their own outputs and update when needed
- Maintaining the increasing number of datasets that support asset management decisions
- Receiving, capturing and processing user requests/suggestions/enhancements
To be considered your previous work experience, CV and cover letter will demonstrate;
- Proven experience working with complex geospatial data in a variety of geospatial data environments
- Good knowledge of process and analysis preferably in the Esri product suite
- Well-developed communication and relationship management skills
- Strong attention to detail and proactive planning ability to deliver to tight deadlines
- Most important of all we look for good analytical skills, a can-do attitude and experience working collaboratively with others
This is a unique opportunity for you to play a key role in a busy Geospatial Team supporting Asset Management on behalf of Transpower.
Why work for Transpower? Looking after our people is important to us. That’s why when you join us you’ll have access to a range of health and wellness benefits. We also support professional development and are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity by offering a flexible and inclusive working environment.
If you are a customer focused, Geospatial Analyst wishing to build your career please review the position description available below and apply without delay. Role closes Sunday 27th August 2017
For further information please contact; Wayne Bird Drawings & GIS Manager, Asset Information Management Ph +64 4 590 7057