Website Waikato Regional Council
Waikato Regional Council is an organisation that uses a high level of geospatial information in our day to day work. We are always looking for ways to visualise the rich data that we have and to provide access to others in ways that enable them to be able to easily use and benefit from it.
We need a GIS Administrator who has strong ESRI GIS admin experience and developer skills. The administrator will be able to develop solutions such as new web maps and apps, apply software upgrades, introduce new tools from the ESRI suite, assist our power users to extend their capabilities, support the corporate spatial dataset structure, assist the data analysts with dataset maintenance and much, much more.
This is an exciting role with constant, exciting new challenges, it requires someone to have good problem-solving skills with great initiative.
The role works alongside the Senior GIS Administrator. Both roles have responsibility for working with staff to provide day to day technical support to power users, as well as deliver training in the use of our tools to staff who have fewer geospatial skills.
You will be part of a talented team made up of spatial/data analysts and modellers who have significant workloads and depend on good administrative support but have a great can-do attitude and a sense of fun.
The successful candidate will have:
- 1-2 years in administration
- Experience in the ESRI ArcGIS software, ArcGIS online, mobile technologies and spatial data formats
- Knowledge and experience with both Oracle Spatial and SQL
- Proven, attention to detail
- Highly organised administrator who finds solutions
- Excellent communication skills
- Willingness to be part of a well-functioning, supportive team
If this sounds like you we would love to hear from you!