Website Waikato Regional Council
Waikato Regional Council is now seeking a Spatial Analyst to join their Spatial Information team on a permanent full-time basis.
We are looking for someone to provide spatial information services, advice and outputs for both internal and external customers.
It’s a varied role covering a range of tasks including triaging spatial information requests, creating, maintaining and supplying datasets, undertaking analysis and mapping to produce a high standard of outputs plus involvement in a variety of projects.
This is an exciting role with constant new challenges coming on to the to-do list that require someone to have good customer service and problem-solving skills and the ability to find out and potentially grow their own skills to get a solution.
You will be part of a talented team made up of Spatial Analysts and Data Management Analysts who have significant workloads but have a great can-do attitude, team spirit and a sense of fun.
Knowledge and experience of:
- Spatial and non-spatial data
- Data interrogation and manipulation (this might include using SQL, MS Excel, MS Access, or Toad)
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Political awareness and skill in dealing with sensitive and confidential issues (including cultural sensitivity such as Te Ao Maori)
- Proven success at building relationships and resolving issues with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to deliver in a political environment that could be high pressure and rapidly changing.
Check out the role description and consider whether this is the right opportunity for you to grow your career into the next level.