Website Wellington Water
People work at Wellington Water because they want to make a difference. Working here means you’ll be helping to look after some of our most precious assets: water, human health, and the environment so communities can prosper.
This role is about your passion for Wellington’s environment, the stormwater network components and the data we use to manage them. You will be the custodian of this data, managing it on behalf of the data owners, our five client councils.
You will work as part of a team to maintain ‘data stewardship’ across all assets managed by Wellington Water. With a specialisation in stormwater related data, you will ensure that asset and asset related data is standardised according to common data definitions, is accurate, and integrated into business processes. Your focus will be to provide the business with high-quality data that is easily accessible in a consistent manner to drive better business decisions across the company.
As a key member of the Data Team you will develop and implement specific projects as required – including being a part of developing a future “Asset Management Information System” and “Data Warehouse”. With your keen attention to detail you will manage, manipulate, analyse and report on large datasets, including spatial, non-spatial and time series stormwater data. You will be able to think beyond the data to see the bigger picture.
To be successful in this role you’ll have
- a tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline (e.g. engineering, spatial science, data management, or computing) or equivalent experience
- experience managing data in a central or local government, or utility operator context
- proven analytical skills
- demonstrated experience in Asset Management and GIS-related software
- the ability to understand complex information, undertake analysis and communicate the story behind the numbers
- experience of scripting languages such as VBScript, Python, Ruby (preferred)
- worked in a collaborative environment
We are based in beautiful, easy-to-access Petone, surrounded by boutique shopping and lively cafes. We’re proud of our great workplace culture and happy environment. We think you will be too!
Visit our website www.wellingtonwater.co.nz to read about the innovative things we get up to. You can also visit our careers page and read about the perks of working with us.
Applications Close: 15 Jul 2018