Technical Officer (Cartographic)
have worked as a Technical Officer (Cartographic) in Lands Department of The Hong Kong Government since Dec 2013 and responsible for providing GIS data analyzing, mapping service and products to the public and the land surveyor by Esri ArcGIS mapping system. Besides, I also responsible for maintaining the cadastral, mapping and related databases in order to fulfill the data management requirement of the Hong Kong Government.
I enjoy working with a variety of people and am looking forward a challenging career in New Zealand. I am certain that my ability, positive attitude, personal qualities and communication skills qualify me to be a good asset to your organization.
Sep 2004 – Jul 2007
Bachelor of Social Science (Major in Geography) at Hong Kong Baptist University
Geographic Information System
Remote Sensing and Image Interpretation
Dec 2013 to Recent
Technical Officer (Cartographic) at Lands Department (The Hong Kong Government)
– Prepare and revise color maps, plans, photomaps, charts and miscellaneous drawings by applying scientific and mathematical principles and software such as Esri ArcGIS, AutoCAD and Microstation.
– Providing mapping service to the public and private land surveyors, including the sales of mapping products such as Topographic, Thematic Orthophoto maps and Aerial Photos
– Performing data gathering, compilation and processing
– Maintaining cadastral, mapping and related databases.
– Participating in computer system administration and design
– Maintaining map records and compiling production statistics
Aug 2011 – Nov 2013
Assistant Transport Planner at LLA Consultancy Limited (Hong Kong)
– Preparing traffic studies including Traffic Impact Assessment Reports, Parking demand, Pedestrian and Public Transport demand studies
– Participating in Temporary Traffic Management, including construction works detour and temporary traffic management design
– Collecting Traffic Survey and analyzing Traffic Data
– Give advice to professionals, contractors and different stakeholders to ensure the traffic drawings, plans and arrangements are fulfilling the requirement of the transport code of practice.