James Muriithi holds a BSc. Degree in Business Computing from the University of Sunderland, UK He has vast experience in the use of GIS and has completed many GIS projects and assignments. As an Esri authorized instructor he has taught several Esri instructor-led courses across the region. He promotes GIS technology as a speaker in seminars, workshops and conferences
· Implementation, customization and deployment of the ArcGIS Platform
§ ArcGIS Desktop (Both ArcMap and ArcGIS Pro)
§ ArcGIS Enterprise (Portal for ArcGIS, ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Datastore, ArcGIS Web adaptor)
§ ArcGIS Apps
· Development, administration, deployment and maintenance of custom geospatial applications in support of customer organizations using Esri Technology.
· Creation and development of custom tools utilizing RDBMS and data stores.
· Development of data automation scripts for backend systems integration.
· Customizing and deployment of ArcGIS Mobile applications.
· Technical system documentation for each software development life cycle (SDLC) stages.
· Provision of Customer Care and Technical Support to ensure full customer satisfaction and maximum return on investment.
· Technical Proposal writing
· Creating new training content for new courses
· Conducting Esri product training
· ArcGIS Desktop Associate
· CompTIA Certified Technical Trainer (CTT+)
· ArcGIS I: Introduction to GIS
· ArcGIS II: Essential Workflows
· ArcGIS III: Performing Analysis
Language Skills (indicate only languages in which you can work):
Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Computing at University of Sunderland, UK
Solution Engineer at Esri Eastern Africa
Tasked to support the Company’s sector teams and accounts by identifying, designing, developing, presenting, delivering and supporting responsive customer solutions. Develop creative and cost-effective GIS-based client solutions on the industry’s leading GIS solution; the ArcGIS Platform. Responsible for the system design of client geospatial projects, and a contribution to system engineering and software processes for our clients, ensuring a high-quality service for all stakeholders.
January 2012- 2015
Mobile Developer at Esri Eastern Africa
Design, test, validate, configure and integrate mobile applications for use in ArcGIS Enterprise using ArcGIS for Smartphones and Tablets now updated to Workforce for ArcGIS, Collector for ArcGIS, Survey 123 for ArcGIS and ArcPad. Prepare course content and Conduct thorough Mobile GIS training for Organizations.
March 2010- Dec 2011
Support Engineer at Esri Eastern Africa
As the Support Engineer James Muriithi offered installation, technical and user support to the company’s customers and maintain adequate in-house ICT/GIS infrastructure for production, training and development purposes.