Technical Architect, GIS Full stack developer with modern technologies
Technical Lead/Architect GIS (Lead GIS Full stack Developer)
Overall 12 Years of Qualitative experience in GIS/ Location-Intelligence domain. Having strong knowledge in core GIS concepts and working with both ESRI and open source (Map-Server, Geo-Server, QGIS) suite of products. End-to-End technical delivery from analysis, design, development, implementation, deployment and delivery of innovative high-quality GIS and location-based business solution for insurance, pharmaceuticals, telecom and government clients.
· Architecting and development of systems with integrating both proprietary and open source technologies
· Demonstrated mastery in evaluating requirements gathering, document client requirements and translate these into process and system architecture designs and feasibility analysis, find tools best suited to meet their need, system sizing, technology selection, solution architecture diagrams, system designing, documentation, user stories, resources sizing, procurement etc.
· Work with the customer and engagement team to understand requirements.
· Oversee the design and develop software solutions to meet functional requirements of current and future product offerings
· Assisted and mentored developers including off-shore resources on web and data-driven projects.
· Acted both as a team lead as well as individual contributor for different projects.
· Responsible for developing POC (Proof of Concept) received for different projects and providing suitable technical solutions
· Accomplished leader and mentor in building and motivating productive cross-functional technical teams to meet and surpass goals
· Troubleshooting and team building skills with proven ability in establishing quality procedures and planning.
· Expertise in ESRI ArcGIS technologies and architecting GIS based system.
· Managing resources of different team size (6-10)
1) Python (3 + years)
3) TypeScript (2 + years)
4) SQL (6 + years)
5) C# (9 + years)
6) VB.NET (4 + years)
3) Open Layers
4) Ext JS
6) Node JS, NPM, Express, JWT, grunt, Typescript, webpack
8) Google Map API
ESRI Products, API’s and SDK’s (9.2 – 10.6.1)
7) ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS PRO.
8) ArcGIS Server, Portal for ArcGIS.
11) 3D Analyst
12) ArcPy (Python).
13) ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Android.
14) Enterprise Geodatabase
15) Web AppBuilder with Custom Widgets including 3D widgets (Widget Generator, Typescript)
1) ArcGIS Server
2) Map-Server 7
1) Oracle 11g12c – (Spatial, PLSQL)
2) SQL Server – (PLSQL)
3) PostgreSQL – (PostGIS, PLSQL)
1) C#, VB.NET
2) ASP MVC 5
3) Web API’s
6) Console Application (Windows Schedulers)
7) Windows Form Application
Version Control System
1) Microsoft team foundation server.
1) Amazon Web Services.
Big Data (GIS)
2) ArcGIS Java API for GIS big data analysis
4) Spark SQL
ArcGIS Enterprise ArcGIS Web Adaptor, Portal for ArcGIS, ArcGIS Server.
1) Installation and configuration of ArcGIS Enterprise- 10.7.1
2) Portal for ArcGIS and ArcGIS Server administration.
3) Portal and ArcGIS server backup and upgradation to the latest version’s.
4) Performance tune servers running ArcGIS and databases, including upgrading various server software packages in a timely manner.
5) Publishing Services and 3d Scene to Portal for ArcGIS with required authorization to different groups and users.
6) Publishing SOE’s to ArcGIS Server for custom Geoprocessing functionalities.
Enterprise Geodatabase PostgreSQL, SQL Server, Oracle. (PLSQL)
1) Exceptionally good in designing database architecture.
2) Installation and configuration and administration of ArcSDE (9.3 – 10.7.1) on windows.
3) Enabling Enterprise database on ArcSDE.
4) Geodatabase design and administration.
5) Data manipulation and Geoprocessing.
6) Creating Views, Store procedures, Functions, Schedulers, Packages (PLSQL).
7) Performance tuning.
ArcGIS Desktop Arc-Objects (.net), python.
1) Exceptional experience on GIS process automation using Arc-Objects, .Net, SQL Server, Oracle.
2) Building Customize tools in ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS PRO with Arc-Objects, Python.
3) Building appealing Cartographic maps for publishing services to ArcGIS server
ArcGIS Configurable apps
1) Survey123 – Creating & publishing surveys, integration survey with Spike Devices for measuring horizontal and vertical distances and area of the objects with camera and Spike device laser technology.
Open Source GIS Map-Server, Geo-Server, QGIS, Postgre (PostGIS), Oracle Spatial.
1) Basic installation, configuration including apache.
2) Configuring server with PostgreSQL or Oracle to get the spatial data as a GIS layer
3) Using Geo-Server with GeoExt, ExtJs, open layers to build an application
4) Using Map-Server with Google Map API, jQuery to build an application.
I intend to establish myself as GIS Data and Software solution Developer / architect with an integrated business
solution provider through a long-time commitment with the organization, be efficient in the work, make a significant
contribution towards the organization, striving to improve professional skills through continuous assimilation of
knowledge and to Grow being part of an exciting forward-moving Company.
April 2019 – till date Sr. Application Analyst(Lead GIS Developer) with Ashghal Public works authority Doha, Qatar (Hyperthink Systems)
Planning, design, procurement, construction, delivery, and asset management of all infrastructure projects and public buildings in Qatar.
Ashghal’s key responsibilities include governing the design, construction, and management of major projects including roads, drainage and buildings such as public buildings, schools and hospitals. Adhering to the Qatar National Vision 2030, the authority contributes to the economic and social development of the State of Qatar, with projects serving ports, logistics and industrial areas as well as communities in local areas.
Qatar design review System/ Qatar permit road opening: – It is mainly used to upload the location on Qatar’s base map for Design review / Road Opening approval, reviewer assignment based on GIS layers and review of application with the different agencies operating or having asset in the location of work. Application provide functionalities like upload of the design work, identity the agencies to which the location is intersecting and start a approval workflow.
My role is designing the system and create high level design, detail level design, work estimation, setting up the development environment(Esri) and develop the solution.
May 2018 – Feb 2019 Assistance Consultant (Lead GIS Developer) with Cyient Hyderabad, India
Cyient provides engineering, manufacturing, geospatial, network, and operations management services to global industry leaders. They deliver innovative solutions that add value to businesses through the deployment of robust processes and state-of-the-art technology.
Vegetation management and Asset inspection solution: – it is a SaaS based product deployed on amazon cloud. It was used to detect vegetation encroachment with respect to different utilities like power transmission/distribution lines using LiDAR data collected using drones. The LiDAR data was processed using distributed Geoprocessing which includes classification, asset detection and analysis to detect vegetation encroachment. The final results were pushed into system to generate encroachment reports and workorders which will be auto assigned according to geographical area.
I was leading the project as a lead developer. My role was to work with sales team, solution architect and my team to propose technical solution and build proof of concept’s, which will ultimately be deployed as module of a product. The different modules which I was involved and developed are distributed data processing for LiDAR data. Web applications to view analyzed data, reports and data management.
Nov 2016 – April 2018 Technical Lead/Architect GIS (Team Lead) with Lepton Software (Client Reliance Jio from Nov 2016 till 31 March 2018 – RCP Mumbai, India)
Lepton Software is a leading global provider of innovative IT solutions and Services, offering a broad portfolio of business and technology solutions, enabling improved business performance for clients worldwide leveraging on its deep domain expertise in location intelligence space.
I was handling telecommunication-based clients for Lepton. I was jointly working with Reliance Jio’s LBS(Land based services) team in Mumbai and looking after their LBS platform. My role was to multi-task for my client and engaging my-self in business requirement discussion, architecting and proposing a solution for the requirement, ensuring that solution is delivered in time and in right quality. Managing a team of 6 software developer. Oversee the design and develop software solutions to meet functional requirements of current and future product offerings
· Jio Pulse: – It is a Geo Database repository to with different modules like Jio competitor, feasibility analysis, Jio Beat Planner etc.
Technology stack: C#, Asp MVC, Web Api’s, Oracle PLSQL, Oracle Spatial, Map-Server, Google Maps API, Google geocoding and reverse geocoding services.
· Jio Beat Planner: – Jio Beat Planner another product of Reliance Jio LBS team which is used for supporting field activities of Reliance employees and consultants. All field related business activities are performed by field users on the Jio Beat Planner Mobile App. These activities can be tracked by manager using Jio Beat Planner Web in real time. This facilitates automated attendance and billing of field users. This application automatically forces business rules and offers a hassle-free reporting.
My role is help technical team members in design and development of new modules in this application. I am also involved in proposing the alternate solutions for system upgrade and up-keep. Besides, I have made some design and deployment recommendations for optimum performance. Working closely with different stakeholders of different system for requirement gathering and possibility of integration in different ways, estimating the time lines and Development and implementation of the modules.
Technology stack: C#, Asp MVC, Web Api’s, Oracle PLSQL, Oracle Spatial, Map-Server, Google Maps API, Google geocoding and reverse geocoding services.
April 2016 – Oct 2016 Sr. Technical Specialist at International Atomic Energy Agency (United Nations) at Vienna Austria (ZENSAR Technologies Pune)
The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) is an international organization that seeks to promote the peaceful use of nuclear energy, and to inhibit its use for any military purpose, including nuclear weapons. The IAEA was established as an autonomous organization on 29 July 1957. Though established independently of the United Nations through its own international treaty, the IAEA Statute, The IAEA reports to both the United Nations General Assembly and Security Council.
I was responsible to build a GIS based system for GIS data with maintaining and archiving the Geo-Database, setting up intranet-based ArcGIS server with required map services and building web Application from scratch. The Web application is Map Based application which showcase the KPI’s for different nuclear sites of the world by fetching data from different already existing system through system integration using Web API’s, table access and getting data using system schedulers.
The application was used by authorized stake holders to track different attribute related to nuclear world, it also shows the inspection status of the site’s material used, Specific building inner maps. With different part of the building marked on the map. One can also download and upload required document accordingly. It also has functionally for Web editing for different layer. Setting up image server and publishing high resolution mosaic images for nuclear sites.
My responsibilities include working closely with different stakeholders of different system for requirement gathering and possibility of integration in different ways, Integrating with different already existing systems. Designing an integrated system, High level design
Detail level design, Development, Implementation, testing and deployment.
Dec 2014 – March 2016Project Lead with L&T InfoTech – Mumbai, India
LTI is a global technology consulting and digital solutions company helping more than 250 clients succeed in a converging world. With operations in 27 countries, founded 20 years ago as the information technology arm of the Larsen & Toubro group.
My responsibility includes single handedly handle RFP for GIS part of the project to identify the Business functionality to be implemented. Responsible for technology selection, feasibility analysis. Work closely with the different team to identify the processes and implement the GIS in conjunction with different modules. Prepare and migrate the GIS data to the Geodatabase and publish required services. Participate in SRS phase to collect the requirement and take proper sign off from clients. Set up the production environment.
· Rail Vikas Nigam Limited (RVNL), Delhi (SAP- GIS Integration): – It is an SAP Implementation project, with Project Management module integration with GIS, it was used to track different railway projects which were going in different geographies of India like Railway line doubling, electrification etc. The Project management module showcase a map based inter face to track the progress of the project both linear and in terms of SAP attributes.
I acted as a project lead and single handedly handle RFP for GIS part of the project to identify the GIS Business functionality to be implemented with set up of all the environment like Development, SIT and Production for GIS. Feasibility of integration with SAP, development and integration unit testing and implementation.
· POC on Battlefield Management System for Defense: – Peer to peer Android application using ArcGIS Runtime Android. It was Offline Android application connect to offline military network exchanging data within the group. Where an individual can post a treat on the map shared within the group, offline routing considering treats and other attributes, Map functionalities like get location, Area measurement by drawing rectangle with multiple unit types, change transparency of the layer, the commander can locate his subordinates. An individual can locate his subordinate within 1 km radius, commander can disseminate attack plans to subordinates.
I acted as Project lead and was responsible for Geodatabase Creation Administration of different tactical layer for military like admin boundary, water bodies, population, elevation layer etc. snap data to their Area of Responsibility. Build an Android application with the help of ArcGIS Android Runtime offline map packages and SQL lite for different map functionalities.
Sept 2013 – Nov 2014 Senior Associate (GIS Developer) with Axtria Pvt. Ltd – Gurgaon, India (Head office New Jersey, USA)
Axtria is a commercial insights and operations solution provider with global scale. With combine industry knowledge, business process, and innovative cloud technology to help clients make better data-driven decisions. Their data analytics and software platforms support Decision Science, Commercial Excellence, and Cloud Information Management for the Life Sciences and Financial Services industries.
I was responsible for single handedly enable many of their inhouse CRM Pharmaceutical based Sales and Territory Alignment Cloud based products and solutions with GIS, map and location-based functionalities. While communicating with colleagues and managers located at different geographies including offices at USA and India.
Sales IQ (Territory Alignment, call planning, compensation) (Cloud based Force.com – GIS integration): – It is Pharmaceutical work force optimization Analytics product by Axtria. It is used for Territory and Account (Hospitals, physicians) Alignment (movements) and management. It includes zip/locality-based search functionality, sales targeting, displaying refined call plan, bookmarking, zip
Movements, Workload handling as per the locality/territory, personnel placement, and roster management in the cloud.
Some of the functionalities were like thematically show different admin layers like ZIP to form territories, Swap zips with adjacent different territories (Only the Zips at the edge the territories can be swapped) with the help of a map with an approval work flow. Showing different graphs, charts depending on the strength, sales and different KPI’s of the territories. Live tracking of the sales person on the maps. Call planning for the individuals.
Same product was also developed with the ASP.net, PostgreSQL, and ArcGIS Server.
April 2011 – Sept 2013 Sr. GIS Engineer (GIS Developer) with Risk Management Solutions India Pvt. Ltd. – Noida (Head office Newark California, USA).
THE WORLD’S LEADING CATASTROPHE RISK MODELING COMPANY. With a mission to create a more resilient and sustainable global society through a better understanding of catastrophic events like earthquakes, hurricanes, and floods, to terrorism and infectious disease, they help financial institutions and public agencies understand, quantify, and manage risk with underwriting solution for insurance industries.
My responsibilities were for the development of various automated tools according to the requirements in different projects and inhouse product. Keeping quality of the deliverables produced by modelers. Assist and train modelers to use the models in the most timely, efficient, and valid manner possible. Handling the documentation and clarifications of the feedbacks with the client. Responsible for deliverable shipments. Training of new recruits. Keeping manager informed verbally and in writing of activities and problems within assigned area of responsibilities. Communication colleagues and managers located at different geographies including offices at USA, UK and India.
The roles and responsibilities were same as RMSI as I was transferred from RMSI to RMS.
Feb 2010 – April 2011 GIS Engineer (GIS Developer) with RMSI Pvt. Ltd. – Noida, India.
RMSI is a global IT company providing geospatial and software solutions to clients in sectors ranging from utilities, communications, natural resources, land & infrastructure, navigation & location-based services, to the Insurance, and funding agencies.
My responsibilities were for the development of various automated tools according to the requirements in different projects and inhouse product. Keeping quality of the deliverables produced by modelers. Assist and train modelers to use the models in the most timely, efficient, and valid manner possible. Handling the documentation and clarifications of the feedbacks with the client. Responsible for deliverable shipments. Training of new recruits. Keeping manager informed verbally and in writing of activities and problems within assigned area of responsibilities.
· Developing customize Analysis and automation tools on ArcGIS desktop using Arc-Objects: – RMS has a patented way of storing the Hazard information into a Variable Resolution Grid called VRG and URG which are square polygons of different resolution e.g. (10KM, 5KM, 1KM, 500m, 100m, 50m, 10m). Depending on the exposure of the area, each grid has got Unique ID called GEOID’s, GEOID represents the location of the grid (like quadrant, resolution of the grid, bounding box etc.) with the help of GEOID we can produce the exact Grid at the same coordinates with same resolution. The different modelers used this VRG’s in their statistical models. But these VRG were made manually using ArcGIS desktop there were some tools which were made 10 years back in arc objects were not handy. As a requirement, I have made handy tools in ArcGIS desktop, which was interactive with user to make VRG using different factors, some tools for analysis before making Grids.
Technology: ArcGIS 9.3, VB.net, Arc-Objects
· Technical Documentation (+ Help making): – Making Help files (.chm) which popup on the key press of F1, technical document files for tool, and automation tools.
· PRD Updates (Peril Rated Database for UK) – Automation: – Involved in Customization of ArcGIS tools to calculate Aggregated Loss Ratio for building exposures in Postcode unit level and Sector level boundaries from the losses available in Variable Resolution Vector reassigned at every Postcode Unit Level and Sector level. For each peril (Storm Surge, Theft, Flood, Subsidence, and Windstorm) which was a long process therefore, we automated the process using Arc Objects, VB.Net, MS Access and SQL Server.
Technology: ArcGIS 9.3, VB.net, Arc-Objects, Access, SQL Server.
· US Coastline development for Hurricane effected states: – R&D on Coastline boundary development and QA.
· Some intermediate projects Like Risk score development: – For each Model update for any peril we have generate risk scores for that updated model so that the scores can be used in the up products which are web base, for developing the same I have done some automation using vb.net and SQL Server.
· Flood modeling automation: – Developed various tools like clipping the raster layer according to the catchments, assign from and to node for rivers, find the number of downstream and upstream for a river etc., all the tool was developed using Arc-Objects and vb.net
Aug 2007 – April 2009GIS Developer with Aurovision Pvt. Ltd. – Mumbai, India.
Aurovision Pvt. Ltd. was a Mumbai based global IT Solutions and services organization Aurovision was an ISO 9001:2000 Certified company. Aurovision is mainly into Software Development using GIS. Aurovision is also working in Business Intelligence, Geospatial.
· Developing a Web Mapping Application with ArcGIS Server ADF 9.3.: – Government Project for Taxation Status, web portal for online viewing of taxation status and the respective attributes, I am Responsible for Developing Functionality for the same with the help of Arc objects and Vb.net for the same, started right from installing the ArcGIS server, publishing the data and developing the application
Technology: C#, ASP.NET & ArcGIS Server ADF 9.3.
· Slum Rehabilitation Spatial Reference System: – The Application was Designed for an Real State Builder to help with the Rehabilitation of the slums.
· Data – Conflation: – Ground Conflation is a highly automated solution, which focuses primarily on geographic conflation of correct attribute to correct location (latitude – longitude). It consists of a very systematic process methodology and a suite of software applications designed specifically for the conflation of existing GIS data to a more spatially accurate centerline products or land base.
I was involved in Designing and Converting Basic Tool (in VBA) to .Net platform with Designing new UI and enhancement according to the new project requirements. Constantly monitoring and introducing appropriate enhancements in the processes/tools/workflows to optimize productivity results. Involved in design, development & deployment activities for solution development
Technology: VB.NET / SQL – 2005, ArcGIS -9.0 desktop.
· Vector Data QC: – Worked for Reliance Communication (DAKC) as a part of the Human Resource Outsourcing policy of Aurovision Pvt. Ltd. For carrying out QC process, (Checking the quality of the vector data digitized on high resolution images).
· All India Mapping: – Extracting images from Google Earth and Geo-Referencing them. Carrying out updates on Roads and Buildings layers.
· Data Conflation: – Worked on ArcGIS-9.1customized toolbar using Arc-Objects, creating a series of tools for facility conflation using for a US based Electrical Company.
Nov 2005 – April 2006 Greenpeace (Non-GIS Work Experience) – Mumbai, India.
This is the nongovernmental organization working globally on environmental issues, awareness campaign, fight for the better and green environment.
My job profile was to make awareness presentations about the Greenpeace environmental issues at the various corporate offices, public places, and exhibitions, through Direct Dialogue with the people and Raising funds for the Organization etc.