MISS R. PRERNA
M.Sc. Geoinformatics | Ph.D. Student (pursuing)
National Centre for Polar and Ocean Research, Goa – 403804, India
firstname.lastname@example.org | +91-8806969561
Looking forward to apply my geospatial skills in a research-driven establishment aimed at environmental and geographical advancement.
Hold 7 years’ experience in geospatial applications, multi-faceted research and peer-reviewed publishing. Ardently driven to address geographical problems with acquired knowledge and technical skills. Quick learner, nature enthusiast, comprehensive communicator.
· National Center for Polar and Ocean Research (erstwhile NCAOR), Goa as Project Scientist B
Division/Group: Marine Geophysical Division
April 2013 to March 2018 | Apr 2018 till present
GIS operations on voluminous spatial data pertaining to India’s submission for extended continental shelf pursuant to the United Nations Convention on the Limits of the Continental Shelf; maintenance of the GIS software/server; analyse multibeam bathymetry data for seafloor morphological research; work on scientific publications pertaining to geomorphology and GIS
· National Institute of Oceanography (NIO-RC), Regional Center, Mumbai as Project Assistant –II
Division/Group: Physical Oceanography Department
Sep 2012 to Mar 2013
Performed studies on coastal areas of Maharashtra and Gujarat; coral and mangrove identification; assessment of bathymetric, tidal and current meter data; estimation of sediment dredging volume and various other remote sensing and GIS related operations
· Risk Management Solutions India Pvt. Ltd., NOIDA, Uttar Pradesh as GIS Engineer (Trainee)
Division/Group: Spatial Analytics Group
Jan 2012 to Aug 2012
Generation of building attribute database for parts of USA for insurance calculation purposes using satellite data, ground vector data and in- house tools for collaborating data
· Indian National Center for Ocean Information Services (INCOIS), Hyderabad as Summer Intern
Division/Group: Advisory Services and Satellite Oceanography Group (ASG)
May 2011 to Jul 2011
Received training on handling tsunami run-up data, SRTM data and LANDSAT data and used them for identification of tsunami inundation areas using GIS tools
Masters of Science (M.Sc.) in Geoinformatics 8.16 CGPA (77.5%) [Equivalent to Level 8 Minimum]
2010-2012: The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI) University
Major subjects: Remote Sensing, GIS, Photogrammetry, Cartography, Digital Image Processing, Statistics and Spatial Data Modeling
Bachelors of Arts (B.A.) in Geography 72.1 %
2007-2010: Miranda House, University of Delhi
Major Subjects: Geomorphology, Climatology, Oceanography, Population geography, Resource geography, Environmental Geography, Statistics, Remote Sensing and GIS
All India Senior Secondary Certificate Examination 88.6%
2007: Army Public School, New Delhi
All India Secondary Certificate Examination 82.4%
2005: Army Public School, New Delhi
GIS Software: GIS & Image Processing Software: ArcGIS for Desktop and Server 10.6.1, ERDAS Imagine, Surfer, LPS, ENVI, LP360, eCognition Developer, Fledermaus 7.3; Geocap 6.4.2., Caris LOTS 4.0, gplates 4.0.
Others: MS Office, Adobe suite
Driver’s license: Yes (till 2029)
Sea experience: +140 days’ experience of coastal & deep-sea data acquisition (multibeam/2D seismic)
May 2019: 3-day Bhuvan Portal Training at National Remote Sensing Centre, (NRSC-ISRO)
April 2019: 2-day training on ArcGIS Desktop and Server 10.6.1
Jan 2019: 5-day training on Caris LOTS (Law of the Sea) software for application of Article 76 (UNLCOS, 1982)
June 2018: 3-day workshop on Scientific Media Outreach
· Presented a paper at the User Interaction Meet, National Remote Sensing Centre at Hyderabad in Jan 2019.
· Presented a paper at the ESRI India User Conference Meet at New Delhi in December, 2017.
· Presentation made on the functionality of the National Marine Geoscientific Data Centre (NMGDC) which was subsequently awarded by the Computer Society of India (CSI) under Sustenance category.
· Awarded 2nd runner prize at 15th ESRI User Conference, New Delhi for Best Student Paper presentation in December 2014.
· Oral Presentation at the 33rd INCA International Congress at Jodhpur in September, 2013.
· Presented a paper at the 13th ESRI India User Conference Meet at Noida in December, 2012.
9 SCIENTIFIC PUBLICATIONS
Details on ResearchGate profile: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/R_Prerna
Dr. DK Pandey Prof Mahender Kotha Dr. Prasun Gangopadhyay
NCPOR, Goa Goa University Borlaug Institute for South Asia (BISA)
email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
MASTERS OF SCIENCE (GEOINFORMATICS) at TERI SCHOOL OF ADVANCED STUDIES
BACHELORS OF ARTS (GEOGRAPHY HONOURS) at UNIVERSITY OF DELHI
2013 TILL DATE
PROJECT SCIENTIST at NATIONAL CENTRE FOR POLAR AND OCEAN RESEARCH
performing GIS analysis for seafloor morphology studies, geodynamics along with data management
PROJECT ASSISTANT at NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF OCEANOGRAPHY
GIS TRAINEE at RISK MANAGEMENT SOLUTIONS (RMS) INDIA PVT. LTD.